The Crossrunner series is used to save floor space at multiple palletiser installations.
Crossrunner: in-line palletising
The products are supplied by means of a feed belt that is placed on left or right side of the formation system. Each individual product is placed on an exact location until a full row of product is formed. Each formed row is placed onto an buffer where it remains until a layer is complete. By depositing an entire layer at a time, the Highrunner HR7 needs to make fewer movements. This saves time, increasing the capacity when compared to other palletising systems.
Pallets pass along the bottom of the unit
Because the pattern-formation conveyor and pallet lift are placed higher, both empty and full pallets can pass underneath at floor level via the central roller conveyor.
In other words, in an arrangement with for example, three Crossrunners next to each other, a full pallet from the first machine can be carried away under the second machine while this second machine simply continues palletising. Conversely, it is possible to transport an empty pallet to the second machine under the first machine via the roller conveyor without hindering the first machine at all.
Intelligent control software
Qimarox's intelligent control software ensures that the infeed and outfeed of pallets is carefully coordinated with the movements of the palletisers, so that collisions can be avoided.
It is even possible to assign different priorities per machine. This prevents the last palletiser from not being able to get rid of its full pallet because of the large flow of pallets coming from the other machines.
Compact and accessible
The great advantage of the Crossrunner space saving palletising is its compact set-up. It is not longer necessary to build an infeed and outfeed conveyor for each palletiser so the needed floor space per palletising unit is minimized and no other palletising system can be build this compact.
An additional advantage is accessibility. The lack of complex roller conveyor constructions, the palletisers are easily accessible for service and maintenance, even with a forklift if necessary.
With the Crossrunner space saving palletising, products are deposited on the pallet layer by layer. Because, just like with the Highrunners, it's the pallet that moves up and down, the rows no longer need to be moved up and down while being deposited. That saves, especially with pallets that need to be stacked 1.8 metres or higher. That makes the Crossrunner a palletiser that can operate at very high speeds.
To allow full pallets to be able to pass underneath, the Crossrunner is a lot higher. While a Highrunner reaches to a height of 3 metres, a structure with Crossrunners can easily require a height of 6 metres.
The Crossrunner is modular constructed. This means that several options are available for each module depending on the customer requirements and the products requiring palletisation.
In short, you will end up with the system that best suits your needs. However, this system can be completely adapted to changing circumstances in the future thanks to the interchangeability of its modules.
|infeed||800 mm||6.000 mm|
|product (LxBxH in mm)||150 x 100 x 100||600 x 400 x 400|
|capacity (layers product/hour)||240||450|
|product weight||1 kg||25 kg|
Advantages of the Crossrunner
- Unique method of pattern formation, where products are positioned on exact coordinates (patented)
- Set up multiple machines in areas with limited space through patented system design.
- Required floor area only 2.5 x 2.5 metres
- Pallet lifter for moving pallets up and down
- Built-in buffer for depositing products in layers
- User-friendly touchscreen operation
- Freely programmable stacking patterns
- Solid construction with perfect finishing for tough jobs
- Easy access for service and maintenance
- Not more than 2.4 x 3.4 metres of space needed on the platform
- Standard machine with commercially available components
The Crossrunner is available in different versions. The most important option relates to the infeed of products. You can choose from the following options:
- Side infeed: infeed from the right or left next to the formation location
- Dual infeed system: two pattern-formation conveyors with two pattern-formation sliders for additional capacity
In addition, the palletiser can be expanded with a number of additional modules:
- Twistrunner: for turning products
- Sheetrunner: for laying a sheet of cardboard or paper between two layers
- Filmrunner: for laying a sheet of foil or paper between two layers